Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I change the front left turn signal bulb on a 2.4L Pontiac Sunfire GT?

The front left turn signal bulb is out on my Sunfire, but it doesn't look like I can take it out from the front and I can't get at it from underneath because there is plastic there blocking the entire area. How do I change it? And how do I know what kind of bulb to get? I am at college and have no tools... I also have limited money, so that's why I don't want to take it anywhere.How do I change the front left turn signal bulb on a 2.4L Pontiac Sunfire GT?The headlight assembly comes out of the engine bay with 2 12mm screws you will see at the top of the light, in black plastic. remove them and the whole light assembly will come out, now you get in behind the lense and you will see a white socket going into the corner signal lens. turn this white socket counter clock wise and it will come out with a 1/.4 turn. now the bulb just pulls out, no turning or anything. so remove that and replace it with similar bulb. any parts department will know what your talking about when you ask for a clear 'peanut' bulb. install and tighten everything up till snug and your done.How do I change the front left turn signal bulb on a 2.4L Pontiac Sunfire GT?If you have an Auto Zone parts supply near you take it there they can be quite helpful.