Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I change the light bulb inside my speedometer and the needle to a different color in a 2002 MINI?

Its stock color is orange, but want to change it to white with a blue needle. any advice were to find this information or how easy it is to do yourself? All answers welcomed!How do I change the light bulb inside my speedometer and the needle to a different color in a 2002 MINI?This is not an easy DIY thing to do by any means.



Taking the speedo out of the dash in early MINIs is not too difficult with a bit of patience and some good DIY instructions, but changing the lights is not going to be easy at all.



The LEDs are surface mounted LEDs, very tricky to work with and very easy to mess something up, meaning expensive circuit board replacement required.



I've seen very few people do this themselves, there's one company in the UK I know of who does this (or at least used to), and one person lately I've seen post on a MINI forum that they did this themselves, but did not provide advice on how they did it. They were an electronics whizz though!How do I change the light bulb inside my speedometer and the needle to a different color in a 2002 MINI?take out all the fastners that hold the dash if there is one lolHow do I change the light bulb inside my speedometer and the needle to a different color in a 2002 MINI?In order to change the light bulb you will need to pull the instrument panel ,once you get it out you will see some black knobs that you will need to turn it in order to get the bulb out.Now to change the needle you will need to pull the front clear cover off and the needle will pop off.