Monday, September 19, 2011

How do i change the bulb in my automatic shifter on my center console in my car?

I dont know how else to explain its the light not on the dash and it tells you what gear you are in, parked, neutral, or reverse. My bulb for that burned out and i want to replace it. I also need to know what size bulb it is. I have a 2001 acura integraHow do i change the bulb in my automatic shifter on my center console in my car?I wouldn't worry about knowing the bulb type at this point, you'll find out when you get to it, if you can.



I'm not familiar with that model, but usually you are looking at removing a lot of phillips head screws, and anything else that gets in your way.



There may only be 2 screws keeping you from lifting the gear selector panel and replacing the bulb, you'll be able to tell, but if not you have to pull the console. Usually the shift knob has to be removed to lift off the console.



Take your time and be patient, and put all the screws etc. in a container so you don't lose them.