Monday, September 19, 2011

I need to change the bulb for the temp setting on dash of my 2002 Chevy impala?

Both lights have gone out on the temp adjust on the dash of my 2002 Chevy impala and I don't know how to get in and change them out. Pulled out the ash tray but can't get into it. Any help please?I need to change the bulb for the temp setting on dash of my 2002 Chevy impala?The bulbs are not user-serviceable. They are soldered on the board. You can swap the control unit, or, if you're very good at soldering, you can remove the bulb(s) and solder in new ones. I do know of a guy who does upgrades to the Impala interior lights (cluster, HVAC control, etc). His site is http://bbengineer.home.comcast.net/~bben



Check it out.I need to change the bulb for the temp setting on dash of my 2002 Chevy impala?go to www.mygmlink.comI need to change the bulb for the temp setting on dash of my 2002 Chevy impala?Normally those bulbs don't just blow out- they go out for a reason- make sure you do your research before tearing your dash apart...I need to change the bulb for the temp setting on dash of my 2002 Chevy impala?Dont listen to Chris...Everything is replaceable, its just not easy. You may need to take the dash apart. I would take it to a dealer. Probably gonna be 59 cents for the light and then 900 bucks in labor..lol.I need to change the bulb for the temp setting on dash of my 2002 Chevy impala?I'm pretty sure that these bulbs aren't replaceable. In anycase you'd have to remove the control assembly(the part with the temp,fan speed,and vent control) That part is pretty easy to get to if you have ever put a radio in a car. But the bulbs are usually a permant part of the control unit on most newer chevy's. I ran into this before, but not sure if it was the same year or not, so good luck.I need to change the bulb for the temp setting on dash of my 2002 Chevy impala?it isn't really replaceable. the control head has to be replaced