Friday, September 23, 2011

How do you know when to change the bulb on a rear projection dlp tv?

WHAT HAPPENS TO THE PICTURE WHEN A BULB NEEDS REPLACING? IS IT A PROGRESSIVE LOSS OF QUALITY OR A TOTAL LOSS OF PICTURE ETC?How do you know when to change the bulb on a rear projection dlp tv?Depending on what type of TV you have it should have a lamp timer or something to that effect. I bought an extra for mine when I got the TV because I was worried that it would blow and I wouldnt be able to get a new one quick enough.

When it does blow it will just go black. No harm will be done to the TV. You'll just have a picturless TV until you get a new lamp. If it is under warranty just call up whoever and say it blew and they will send you a new lamp. Keep it as a backup.

Good luck!How do you know when to change the bulb on a rear projection dlp tv?The picture tends to go instantly black. My samsung flashed lights on the front that the manual said - the bulb is out.